Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The lesser of two evils?

I was watching the t.v. show intervention Sunday night and there was a girl on who was addicted to herion. They did an update on her and she was now in a methadone program and her mother was saying how happy she was to have her daughter clean & sober....clean & sober?

I live around the corner from a methadone clinic and let me tell you people come out of there high, not clean or sober. I know the thought is to wean them off eventually, but i have seen some of the same people for several years now.

What about medically supervised detox and then just staying clean. I know herion detox is about the toughess there is, other than (would you believe it) methadone.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Pastor Bob Bolender said...

Hey John, I absolutely agree. I've seen folks turn to the meth alternative. Not a good process. It exchanges one form of idolatry for another.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home